Welcome to Brimstone, partner!
The year is 1884, but the history is not our own. In a less traveled northeast corner of the Territory of New Mexico is the bustling boomtown of Brimstone (population 2,921).
Brimstone is loosely modeled after modern day Clayton, New Mexico in Union County. Unlike Clayton, Brimstone is much larger. With the discovery of ghost rock in close proximity its rail business is booming. Much like Clayton was in the 1800s, Brimstone is also a busy railroad and livestock town with many ranches in and near the town.
Local News & Gossip
- The Brimstone Mayoral Election of 1884 ended with the narrow victory of local businessman William Blakeley for mayor, and former Ranger Ara Vasquez being named County Sheriff.
- Congratulations to Jackson Tanning for his appointment to U.S. Marshal!
- Welcome to Fall. The timeline has now been moved forward to September, 1884.
- A Boy Possessed! Rumors are running rampant that a demon took over a young boy's body in Las Cruces, NM.
- Cattle Drive Opportunity. Bill Sutter has sent word that he'd like sturdy cowhands to help move his cattle from Denver to Wyoming so he can settle at a ranch there.
What is Brimstone Adventures?
Brimstone Adventures is a Discord-based Deadlands: The Weird West (2020 revision) West Marches tabletop RPG group that is set in a persistent world. West Marches is a style of game designed to facilitate player agency by putting them in charge of where they go, what they do, and when they play. Each adventure is run as a pick-up game that anyone on the server can join on a first-come, first-served basis. We welcome any players and GMs who would like to participate.
How do I participate?
Anyone who follows the server rules (see below) is welcomed to join. Join the Discord server, then follow the instructions to create and submit a character for play. Once your character is approved, you can sign up to take part in any of the live server games in the #Wanted Posters channel.
Between sessions, you can participate in the Open RP text channels to buy and sell gear, set up missions, and interact with other PCs and NPCs.
We encourage all players to contribute content to the wiki, including locations, characters, maps, adventure hooks, and anything else you can think of. Note: because of spam issues on the wiki, all new accounts must be added by a Marshal. Reach out to one of the Discord administrators for access. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Rules & Resources
- Gameplay Rules: The full details on the rules for our campaign.
- Character Creation & Advancement: Step-by-step instructions for creating your character in the world of Brimstone.
- Contribution Guidelines: Instructions for adding and categorizing new articles.
- Adventure Hooks: A list of available starters if you need an idea for an adventure.
- List of Player Characters: All active PCs in Brimstone.
- List of Adventures: Past adventures, participants and rewards.
- Adventure Reports: Accounts of past adventures, submitted by players.
- News Articles: In-universe newspaper articles which give context (and some hints!) about what's going on in Brimstone.
- West Marches: Here are some resources on what a West Marches campaign is like and how to get the most out of it.